Articles 26 to 28 of the 2019 Rules of Golf Draft
In this post we look at Articles 26 to 28, delving into the rules on Illegal Tees, Calling a fellow player and the ball moving on Green after being replaced.
Article 26 of 31 about the 2019-Rules of Golf draft:
Articles 26 to 28 – No.26 – ILLEGAL TEES.
As we begin with No.26 of Articles 26 to 28 it is best to start with the Current Rules of Golf.
Under the current Rules of Golf you are disqualified, if you play using an illegal tee. Very
2019-Rules of Golf.
Under the proposed new 2019-Rules of Golf you will incur the general penalty (two
penalty stroke or lost hole) for the first breach and will be disqualified for the second.
I suggest that you read this article about when a tee (under the current Rules of Golf) is
Article 27 of 31 about the 2019-Rules of Golf draft:
Articles 26 to 28 – No.27 – CALLING YOUR FELLOW-PLAYER ETC.
27.1 The current Rules of Golf.
Under the current Rules of Golf there are some situations, where you must give e.g. your
fellow-player or marker …:
1. … information about something – e.g. why you lift your ball.
2. … a possibility to see something.
This could be when when a player wants to examine…:
1. … whether or not his ball is damaged.
2. … whether a ball in question (e.g. in the rough) in fact is his ball.
27.2 The 2019-Rules of Golf.
These obligations will be repealed under the new 2019-Rules of Golf.
Article 28 of 31 about the 2019-Rules of Golf draft:
Articles 26 to 28- No.28 – BALL ON THE PUTTING GREEN MOVES AFTER BEING REPLACED.
28.1 The 2019-Rules of Golf.
If a player marks and lifts his ball on the Putting Green, and then replaces it: If it then
moves, under the proposed new 2019-Rules of Golf the player must always replace it.
28.2 The current Rules of Golf.
Under the current Rules of Golf things are not so simple.
1. If the ball moves immediately after the replacement, you must replace it (again). If this
happens again, you must find the nearest spot not nearer the hole, where you can
place your ball at rest.
2. If, however, your ball does not move until some time after being replaced (e.g. 4-5
seconds after – this period of time is not defined), you must…:
1. … replace it (if you – the player – caused it to move).
2. … play it as it lies (if e.g. the wind caused it to move).